Monday, May 3, 2010

Zara's May Collection

We have so many awesome little boutiques to shop in this city, but they aren't always budget-friendly. I find myself going to chain stores like H&M and Forever 21 to supplement things in my wardrobe that are too expensive at other stores. Unfortunately, the quality at these stores that specialize in mass-producing trendy items isn't always great. I recently saw some images from Zara's May collection, and I'm definitely interested.

Zara isn't a store that I've frequented up to this point, but I think I may have to stop by more often now. The prices aren't quite as cheap as those at H&M or Forever, but the quality is a lot better. They have been accused very often of copying high-end designer items, but let's face it -- most of us can't afford the real thing. Here are some looks from their May lookbook that I love!


This pretty bohemian style top would be perfect for weekend brunch!


The denim harem pants might be a bit tough to pull off, but I love the floral bustier top! I'd wear it under my navy jacket to make it work appropriate!


I've been sort of on a quest after a maxi dress for this summer, and the simplicity of this one is really appealing to me!


Here's our big knockoff -- this dress is pretty much identical to a piece that Miu Miu sent down their Spring/Summer runway. For some reason I like this dress (it doesn't come with the collar), even though I really don't like cats. I just find it sort of humorous and fun!

6 comments:

  1. That last dress is so cute (minus the collar)! It almost looks like a romper, which is something else that has become big lately, but I'm not too sure how I feel about rompers. That is to be determined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might actually be a romper... I haven't seen it in person yet, but I've seen some bloggers refer to it as a romper and some as a dress.

    Rompers can be kinda tough to wear, but when I see someone who knows how to accessorize it well, I like the look! I haven't found one that looks good on me though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!

    P.S. I ended up joining Suite101 after you posted about it on your blog a little while ago. Thanks for writing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Zara! I actually first discovered it when I was studying abroad in Barcelona, Spain. I haven't been to any in New York yet, but the clothes I bought in Spain were very European, fashionable, and best of all, well priced! I still wear the light jacket and high boots I bought from there over a year ago!

    ReplyDelete